Friday, May 17, 2013

A Peek Inside my Makeup Bag - The Products I Love!

Wearing my favourite eco makeup brands after showering with the best shampoo ever!






It took me a while to transition all of my makeup products to organic + natural, but I'm so glad I did. 

For years I've recognized the importance of what we put into our bodies - chemicals are foreign and extremely harsh to the body, throwing it out of balance, and creating all sorts of disorders, from depression, to acne, to wrinkles and cancer.

However I never realized the incredible absorption qualities that our skin has. I've learned, over the last few years, that what we put ON our bodies, is just as important as what we put IN our bodies. Our skin drinks up the lotions, makeup, and other body products we use, and this has profound effects on our moods, our appearance, and our overall health.

The average brand of makeup, shampoo, etc is LOADED with chemicals - carcinogenic ingredients dyes, and a whole whack of other synthetic shit (pardon my language, but that's what it is - shit) that I don't want in my body.

When this realization set in, I started using natural body care products. 

My rule now? If I wouldn't eat it, I don't put it on my body. Since then, my teeth have become whiter, my skin, clearer, and I get WAY happier when entering the bathroom, because I know I have luxurious organic products to use, from my shampoo, to my soap, to my foundation and mascara. Yay!

I also know that none of the products I buy have been tested on animals - animal testing is rampant in the makeup + body care industry, with brands like Johnson & Johnson being some of the worst offenders. I won't go into too much detail here, the finer points of animal testing are pretty gruesome, but you can learn more about it in a blog post I wrote back in 2011 here.

I challenge you to start transitioning your medicine cabinet + makeup bag to a green, earth loving, soul nurturing, care station. Remember - It's about progress, not perfection!

So this week, choose one, just one product to substitute out for an organic one. Perhaps you'll want to swap your Colgate for a nature loving brand, or maybe even make your own! Maybe your Herbal Essences could do with a boot in favour of my favourite shampoo - Sea Wench Naturals Botanical Shampoo.

To get you inspired, I've taken photos of some of my favourite brands! Have fun treating yourself loves!

xo Beth

100% Pure is pigmented with cacao + coffee beans - how cool is that?

This AMAZING shampoo is made on Vancouver Island

It's important to read the ingredients - remember, the 'natural' label means nothing! If you recognize the ingredients, that's a good start, if they're organic, even better!


I just got this great foundation which is based in organic jojoba oil - previously to that I was using Nvey, which I really liked as well
I love this bronzer - my mom got it for me for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOP POSTS