Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Do you feel worthy of connection?


{ Admiring the vista }
Sometimes I put pressure on myself to connect with Nature in the way that I want to. I read epic stories of adventure, of spiritual connection, and of rebirth, that take place amongst the trees and ocean, and I want that for myself. 


On a muddy hike out to a secluded beach last Friday, I sat at the ocean, meditating, hoping to connect. And what the wind's whispers reminded me of, was that I am connection itself. I am a part of the land, I am a part of the waves, and really, I am a part of nature. Instead of pushing to feel worthy enough to be a part of nature’s epic party, I can now surrender to the fact that the trees and the creatures are, like the Native peoples before us have said, my brothers and sisters - we can never be separated

{ Muddy boots and lounging legs resting mid-hike }


{ The secluded beach we hiked out to }
{ Age-old trees near the ocean }
{ Traversing pathways before heading back }

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOP POSTS