Monday, June 25, 2012

Organic Eats & Delicious Treats

{ The delicious salad we made with freshly picked organic veggies and edible flowers! }



I absolutely adore the feeling of picking fresh organic food from the garden, and making a meal from it. I’d never had the experience until last summer, when my partner and I grew our first garden, and now I’m hooked! There’s something incredibly magical about being so connected to what’s on your plate.
While our plants this year are still in their infancy, the sunny valleys of British Columbia are already bursting with ready-to-eat veggies. I took advantage of this while staying with friends last week, and made an epic meal with edibles I’d never heard of. I looked into a few of the plants in our meal, and found that they're surprisingly nutritious.  
{ My friends' incredibly beautiful garden. }




{ Mallow - Mallow is great for inflammation, and when made into tea,
it is very soothing for sore throats and coughs. }

{ Chickweed - Chickweed is high in iron, chlorophyll, calcium, manganese, and a host of other minerals. When applied as a poultice, it’s great for bacterial infections. }
{ Viola - High in vitamin C and antioxidants,
viola contains a substance that neutralizes free radicals. }

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOP POSTS