Monday, July 2, 2012

July's Full Moon is Here! How to Celebrate

The full moon rising over a volcano lagoon in Nicaragua
I never did pay much attention to how the moon's cycles affected me, growing up. Although I always loved the silvery white light it emanated, I didn't think of how the moon could affect me. In fact, for quite some time, I refused to believe that such seemingly insignificant transitions could affect the earth, or its inhabitants, in any way.

Then, a couple years ago, I started to pay attention. I began to notice how my emotions and energy were consistently affected by 'la luna'. The moon's phases also show themselves outwardly, regulating women's menstrual cycles and the oceans, while farmers have planted according to the moon's pull for centuries.

Now, I always make sure to honour the phases of the moon as a means to connecting with something larger than myself. Each moon phase holds a different energy and significance, with the auspicious full moon being the most celebrated. Tomorrow marks July's full moon, and to celebrate, here is a breakdown of how you can get in touch with it's power:

  • The evening prior to a full moon - Recharging Night - Get your body, as well as any crystals, food, oils, lotions, or any other substances that interact with your body in direct moonlight. Try to spend at least 2 hours under this moon if you can, to maximize it's recharging power.
  • The full moon: Releasing Night - An important night to take advantage of, and a powerful time to release any blocks you're ready to get rid of (emotional wounds, anger, sorrow, patterns). Do this aloud or on paper by saying "I am willing to release __________, and I ask that all patterns of __________ be released instantly. Thank you."
* According to Doreen Virtue, pHD

Water and the moon have been intrinsically linked for millennia
This full moon took place while I was in Nicaragua in April

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOP POSTS