Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Moment of Triumph - I Can Eat French Toast



I recently discovered I could eat spelt. Seriously the best discovery ever. Like... ever. "What the heck?" you say, and I say back "I CAN EAT GLUTEN!"

Ok... let me explain. I haven't been eating gluten since I got back from a diarrhoea filled trip to Central American (TMI?) and although I have savoured the gluten-free breads I've been eating, it's just not the same. So the other day I challenged myself. Upon learning that a gluten intolerance is correlated to an energetic imbalance caused by not feeling safe, I knew that it wouldn't be long before I could indulge in the odd glutenous treat. (I'm always working on feeling safe and taken care of by the Universe, you see)

So recently, during a brave moment, I tried some gluten. It was organic spelt bread, and has a very low gluten content, and guess what, I was fine! Totally fine! My thoughts quickly went to French Toast, one of my favourite meals of all time.

So I made some bread in the breadmaker with organic, sprouted spelt flour, and got crafting. I used a very simple recipe, but I'll include for you all since it's always nice to have a frame of reference.

Ingredients
  • 1-2 slices of homemade bread
  • 1 organic, free range egg
  • 1-2 Tbsp of vanilla rice milk
  • Cinnamon*
  • Maple Syrup*
  • Coconut Oil*
      *To Taste

Directions

1. Turn on the pan to low/med and throw in some coconut oil
2. Combine the egg and rice milk
3. Soak the bread in the egg mixture, and place in the pan
4. Flip when golden brown
5. Serve with coconut oil, sprinkled cinnamon and maple syrup





2 comments:

  1. Can you expand of this feeling of being unsafe and its connection to gluten intolerance? I'd be interested to read more about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, here is the paragraph from the book!

    From Chakra Foods For Optimum Health (Deanna M Minich, PHD)


    "On an energetic level, these folks (celiacs, gluten intolerants) may have difficulty integrating their lower chakras. Usually, the imbalance arises at the root chakra level, where they do not feel as though they are safe. This feeling ripples into their interactions at the solar plexus chakra. Since they do not have a foundation of safety, their power is limited and guarded. They are unable to release the strong energy of the solar plexus to be effective, Likewise, the transformative energy harboured in the solar plexus chakra is not opened to the extent where it cn digest gluten. These individuals tend to have other digestive imbalances as well.

    ReplyDelete

TOP POSTS