Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Most Magical Evening of My Life - The Story Continues

{This post is a continuation of the story that began here, which chronicles my adventures in Hawaii. Please read it before continuing :) }

About a week after the adventures of the Blue Room, I was standing in the kitchen at Noniland. The sun had set, the darkness had descended, and I was making some toast, preparing to have a quiet night in.

Lucie, a young goddess I'd connected with, who was also staying at Noniland, walked in and asked "Are you coming to the fire?"

I had overheard Nick inviting her to a fire earlier in the evening, but had no plans to attend or inquire about it, yet at that moment, Nick popped his head in to the room and motioned - "You two" - and quietly walked away, indicating that we were to tell no one else about the gathering.

Intuitively I knew it would be some kind of Goddess ceremony, but I had no idea I was about to experience one of the most magical nights of my life.

As Lucie and I walked up to the top of the property, with teas in hand, we were invited into a sacred space of transformation, of depth. The campfire we were to sit at was framed in by a dragon-like looking piece of wood, which Nick explained, had an incredible story behind it. He shared it with us, though I will keep that part of the evening only to those who were there. Some things must be honoured by silence.

The fire started, as Nick gathered odd twigs and wood he could find scattered around the perimiter of the circle. Lucie and I were amazed to see the bonfire light up, feeling the full power of fire. At that moment, I realized what I was really conveying with the name "Waves of Fire" - fire is not just a word, but a powerful energy that commands attention, yet gives, gives such a heat and a glow that you are entranced by being in it's mere presence.

Nick began to tell us a story. Using nothing but a drum and his voice, he took us on a shamanic journey. As I laid back in the grass, gazing at the crescent moon and stars, listening to the crackle and feeling the heat of the fire, I felt truly honoured to be alive. I felt close to my ancestors, who for centuries, shared their evenings in the simplest, yet most profound of ways. Storytelling. Around a fire.

Magical hand warming under the stars and night sky
The story Nick lead us through was ancient. It was of a hunter and his horse, galloping around the world in search of treasures for a King who could not be satisfied. In the end, the King dies and the hunter is set free, looking and feeling more alive than ever.

After the story was told, we were instructed to enter a deep meditation. Nick then walked away, leaving the girls to connect with whatever had just happened. In front of that fire, I heard thoughts at first. I observed the chatter, and hoped to be able to connect to stillness more deeply, but wisely, letting it all go and enjoying the moment just the same.

As I gave up on any sort of deep meditation occurring, something happened. Gradually, and yet, all of a sudden, I could hear Spirit.

This sort of clarity and connection has only happened a couple of times in my life. 

And this time, Spirit said "I am the space" - and a total feeling of complete peace and understanding overcame my body. I understood that Spirit, God, Divine Intelligence, was the space in between. The void in which all things can be created from. A friendly yet empty place, a place we don't typically explore in our physical world. The space.

As Nick returned, he lead us through a dialogue of what that story really meant, and how it related to us. Our egos, our wisdom, our awareness, and ultimately, our depth of being. I didn't tell anyone about my experience with Spirit. I just let the energy of that moment carry me through into a bliss I felt sure of.

Coals burning from the last of the fire that night
As the night ended, Nick, Lucie and I created a circle. And we prayed. We prayed to allow love into our beings, and we prayed for the healing of the world. During that profound time, Nick said something I will never forget. He said:

"Can you imagine all those people, right now, whose thoughts are wrapped up in 'What do I have for lunch?' 'How can I have enough money for that?' 'I gotta brush my teeth' and 'How am I gonna go about doing this, such and such?'

Now feel what happens when you align your thoughts with God. 'God I surrender my heart to you. Thank you for loving me. God I love you, thank you for loving me. I surrender my heart to you, I surrender my heart to you."

I realized - We would live in a different way. We would live in a different dimension. I felt so expansive, so peaceful, yet so powerful in that moment.

I knew I had just stumbled upon a secret. An obvious secret, but a secret none the less.

When you orient your thoughts to how big and profound all of this truly is, something happens. You transcend the world you were living in, the nightmare as Nick calls it, for freedom. But you can only do this through big thoughts. Expansive actions.

I ask you now, dear reader, how can you orient your thoughts to be bigger and more in line with love in this moment? Maybe the term God doesn't work for you. Maybe you word it differently. It doesn't matter. The point is, rather than asking yourself what you're going to have for dinner.. 5 times.. you reorient and say, pray:

"I love you God (Spirit, Universe, etc), thank you for loving me. I surrender my heart to you. Show me the way"

And you will be guided. Guided into a world you can only dream of. But you'll get there. And it will be amazing.

{The story continues next week}

7 comments:

  1. Beth this story is incredible thank you for sharing such a deeply personal part of your experience on this human plane.

    Reminds me of The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth i also love this story! the last line gave me gooseys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMmmmm thanks loved ones. :) Xo

    ReplyDelete

TOP POSTS